Hi. My name is Neil Superfon. I'm the founder of Arizona Dermatology, which was founded in 1969. I trained at Chicago at University of Illinois for my residency in dermatology. My undergraduate degree was from Wayne State University in Detroit. After spending two years in Michigan I finished at Wayne State, and have been in Arizona since 1969.
Arizona Dermatology and myself started here in Phoenix at the time where Arizona and Phoenix, especially Phoenix, was a small city. There were maybe 10 or 15 dermatologists in the whole city, and the only way of practicing at that time was an individual office. So, I started in two locations, one in Phoenix and one in Mesa, and have continued in the same locations all of these years.
Well, Arizona Dermatology is a special group. We've grown from two people, myself and one medical assistant, to probably close to 80 people, including nine providers. And each person has always been someone that can identify with the patients and feels it has a warmth and caring personality to treat the patients.
We've always tried to be more than just a doctor sitting and a patient across the room. We try to incorporate the patients as a part of the feeling of being accepted and appreciated.
Well, in medical school, we had a lecture from a dermatologist from the University of Illinois, and I just fell in love with the specialty. I can be a surgeon, an internist, all in one, and it just fit me perfectly, and after almost 45 years of practicing, I'm still not bored and still going full-strength.
Dr. Neil P. Superfon has had am remarkable and distinguished medical career for 40 years. Dr. Superfon founded Arizona Dermatology in 1969. His entrepreneurial talents have taken Arizona Dermatology from a single practitioner practice to a practice that now employs over 80 professionals. Dr. Superfon’s innovations have resulted in a state-of the-art Mohs and Dermatopathology laboratory, cutting edge technology and 4 office locations to serve the needs of patients.
He received his pre-medical training at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, and his medical training at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Superfon’s residency and fellowship were at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine and Illinois Research and Education Hospital.
Throughout his studies and medical training he excelled and received many honors. His passion for his profession has been evident in every endeavor throughout his career. Dr. Superfon is board certified with the American Board of Dermatology, American Board of Dermatopathology, American Board of Hair Restoration, as well as a Clinical Professor at Midwestern University.
Dr. Superfon enjoys international travel, culture, hiking, reading, collecting antiques, and time with his family. His sense of humor, giving nature and exquisite style are favorite qualities that develop peer, staff and patient loyalty.
Dr. Superfon remains a member in good standing at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Arrowhead Community Hospital, Paradise Valley Hospital, John C. Lincoln Deer Valley and Banner Baywood.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Dermatology – Fellow
- American Board of Dermatology – Diplomate
- American Society for Mohs Surgery – Fellow
- American Board of Dermatopathology – Diplomate
- American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery – Diplomate
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Fellow
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology & Aesthetic Surgery
- Phoenix Dermatologic Society
- Arizona Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Society
- Pacific Dermatologic Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Medical Association
- Arizona Foundation for Medical Care
- Maricopa County Medical Association
- Osteopathic Medical Board of California
- Nevada State Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Instructor and Preceptor: Midwestern University
- Clinical Instructor and Preceptor: A.T. Still University